Boy + Girl + Army + e-Harmony = Captain and Mrs. Butters! This is what we're up to. Observations, opinions, events, images, and more.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Flowers and Cookies, Hooray!

Forgive the smarmy, meaningless-to-anyone-but-me post that is about to ensure--I claim newlywed status. 

It seems that Spike and I got off on a good foot as a married couple. After our "honeymoon" (Saturday and Sunday at home), we each went back to the real world--Spike to his career course classes and me to copywriting from my home office. At the end of the day, Spike bought me some lovely yellow daisies--and surprised me with them while I was in the midst of baking him chocolate chip cookies. 

It was kinda sorta like "The Gift of the Magi," except without the tragic no-hair no-watch twist at the end. Instead, there were flowers and baked goods. Huzzah! For us, it seems, the stereotypes are true: Girls love flowers, and the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Pretty flowers make a happy wife. (And apparently, tasty cookies make a happy husband.)

2 comments:

  1. I used to bake cookies for my husband and the guys in his unit all the time. That is until I found out that the other guys weren't getting any because hubby was keeping them in his car and eating them for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really funny. I told Spike he should take some of the cookies to work and he just looked at me like I was crazy.

    Also, he just looked over my shoulder and said, "What's wrong with eating them all in the car?"

    Ha!

    ReplyDelete