- I am now working 30 hours a week and volunteering at the USO center here on post. I enjoy it and feel a lot more connected to the community.
- I went blonde and am now back as a redhead...that's ultimately what I want to see when I look in the mirror.
- Spike and I got to go on vacation! We had less than a week's notice to plan it, but we weren't about to allow an opportunity to escape get away from us, so we went to Winter Park, Colorado. LOVED it.
- We painted an accent wall in our living room and in my office, so our space is a little less generic. Take that, government housing!
- For the past two months temperatures have regularly been around 110 degrees. I had NO IDEA that Kansas was this miserably hot! Finally, we're down in the 80s.
Those are the facts; I really don't know what to say about how I feel about this other than that these incidents make me angry, terrified, devastated, and other gut-churning things I can't accurately identify. And that is with my husband home, however crappy his job might be. To say that I admire the families whose loved ones are downrange is a vast understatement.
Let's end on a good note, though. Tomorrow is our one-year anniversary! It has definitely been the best one of my life.