Boy + Girl + Army + e-Harmony = Captain and Mrs. Butters! This is what we're up to. Observations, opinions, events, images, and more.

Friday, March 11, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In: 11 March, 2011

It's going to be a busy weekend. I'm going to my first spouses' coffee with the new unit tonight, and Spike's parents are going to be in town too. Plus, I need to get a new phone since I knocked mine into the toilet on Wednesday night. Not my finest moment--but at least it was flushed at the time! I've since gotten the phone to turn back on, but the touchscreen doesn't work anymore and it has been opening apps (even Googling random things like "Pvd") on its own. I think it's possessed. Maybe Moaning Myrtle's American cousin lives in our upstairs toilet!

And now on to the main event. If it tickles your fancy, join in and read other responses at Wife of a Sailor! 
 1. During military separations (whether short or long) how do you keep yourself positive and motivated? submitted by Married/Single Parent
Try to be as busy as possible, and spend time with friends. Read a lot. Watch all seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Write epically long emails to Spike. And catch up on my shopping, because I've noticed that I really don't hit the stores much at all when he's around.

2. What is your favorite concert you have ever been to? submitted by Young but Not (Completely) Dumb
Hands-down the most fun concert I've ever attended was The Saw Doctors in NYC. They're an Irish band and have a small but extremely devoted following in the US. Second place goes to Elton John and Billy Joel.

3. What do you miss most about your “hometown”?  submitted by A Florida Girl and Her Soldier
Other than a few people, not much. Can I say its location from a vacationer's standpoint? When you're in the middle of North Carolina, you can drive to the mountains or to the beach in a relatively short time period. You can drive to Disney World or DC in a day. In Kansas...not so much.

4. If you could run in any race, which charity would you choose to support? submitted by Wookie & Co.
This is a toughie, since I wimped out of running years ago and (though it's embarrassing) don't know very much about charities. Since I've never made a lot of money, I've always tended to go the local volunteer route and have never looked into charities. (I always tend to think of charities as being large. Maybe I should revise my definition.) Anyway, back in NC I used to work with a program that provided tutuoring and a meal to underprivileged kids. I'd run for something like that.

5. You find out Willy Wonka is your father, what 3 course meal do you INSIST he create in that stick of gum?  submitted by A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench
First of all, Willy Wonka kind of creeps me out...so it would be hard to concentrate on meal options. But I think I'd go with:
-Appetizer: Chilis' chips and salsa
-Main course: Combination #4 (I think) from Julio's Mexican Restaurant in Lawton, Oklahoma. (Best Mexican meal I've ever had.) It consists of a tostada, a chicken enchilada with sour cream sauce, and a beef taco.
-Dessert: Nothing immediately comes to mind. I don't really have a big sweet tooth. But I think I'll go with a chocolate mousse torte with raspberry sauce.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy, I'd definitely chew that gum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a thing for Mexican food lately. I think I'm in love with horchata.

    ReplyDelete