Boy + Girl + Army + e-Harmony = Captain and Mrs. Butters! This is what we're up to. Observations, opinions, events, images, and more.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lord of St. Patrick's Day

First of all, I want to say thanks for the feedback on my last post. I didn't end up submitting the post as an article (mostly because I dithered until after the deadline had passed), but I'll hold it in reserve. It was good to write out some of my thoughts regarding working as a MilSpouse (because let's face it, in most cases your career path IS affected...) and to hear what others think.

I know it's been the better part of a week since St. Patrick's Day, but I wanted to share how I commemorated this "holiday." Are you ready? I went to dinner at a local sports bar with my neighbor Emily...and then we went to the movie theater to see Lord of the Dance in 3D!!


Yes, that's right. I celebrated by watching Michael Flatley and his feet of flames on the big screen. It was awesome. The costumes had been updated since I saw the show live last year (not with Flatley himself, alas...), and the dancing was (as expected) amazing. This 3D cinema presentation was at select theaters for one week only, so thumbs up to our little town for running it !

It seems to me that you either REALLY like Irish dancing, or you don't like it at all. I was so jazzed to have an enthusiastic neighbor! So was Spike, as it got him off the hook accompanying me. (I'd promised to get him good and tipsy before making him watch a dance show for an hour and a half, to my credit.)

Here's me striking my Michael Flatley pose outside the theater, with my 3D glasses on. Stylin'.

Yeah, okay, I look like an unbalanced hipster.   




Here's Flatley doing the same thing.

He's slightly better at it than I am.

And here are my own feet of flames, thanks to the on-post bowling alley:

3 comments:

  1. I love Irish Dance. I want to drag future hubs to this show sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you an award for being cool basically. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Fun! adore the picture of the shoes - funny!

    ReplyDelete