Well, it appears I haven't blogged in awhile. (No, duh! You say.) I haven't been staying away from my little home on the World Wide Web on purpose, it just sort of...happened. In my defense, though, I've gotten a lot of things done in the meantime! For example, since I last blogged:
- I have been on 10 airplanes. I think.
- I have set foot in 11 states. I think.
- Spike and I drove a moving truck from North Carolina to Kansas, towing my car behind.
- I sold my first home, a townhouse in NC.
- I have finally been able to furnish and decorate this house!
- Spike and I saw our families and many of our dearest friends.
- We also took a short belated honeymoon to Las Vegas.
- I chopped six inches or so off of my hair.
- I met my four-month-old nephew for the first time.
- I experienced my first White Christmas.
- I made my first Kansas friend.
- I attended my first Army "Spouses' Coffee."
Yeah, I suppose we all had to deal with some amount of holiday travel and such. The real holdup here has been the house: I found myself simply incapable of doing anything fun (e.g. reading, blogging, walking, biking) until it was settled to my satisfaction. And that took a lot longer than anticipated after hauling my things here from NC, probably because I've worked during the days and been gone most weekends. We're pretty much out of the cardboard-box-and-unassembled-furniture woods now, though I have pretty much given the bedroom up as a lost cause. It just exists. It might never look inviting. Oh well!
So, my New Year's Resolution (the only one I will make as I am something of a Resolution Grinch) is not to stay away again for so long. And also to produce posts more interesting than this one!