Boy + Girl + Army + e-Harmony = Captain and Mrs. Butters! This is what we're up to. Observations, opinions, events, images, and more.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Here comes the Liz.

Last Saturday, my oldest friend Liz got married. Liz and I have known each other since she joined my church in the second grade, so we've shared a lot: sleepovers, American girl dolls, Archie comic books, acolyte duties, friends, nemeses, concerts, tears, meals, plots, and more. Now, it seems, we're sharing the experience of getting married in relatively rapid succession. I'm incredibly happy that Liz has found and married her best friend, and that the whole thing went off smoothly...especially because I was the wedding coordinator! I made sure everything and everyone was present, proper, and in place before the event, and I gave the walk-down-the-aisle cues. After seeing me rushing around before the ceremony, my dad started calling me Franck.

You know, Franck Eggelhoffer from Father of the Bride.
Finally, my career aspirations have been achieved. Luckily, I did not have to repair anyone's fake Armani "tuxado." Although I'm pretty sure I had this expression plastered onto my face a time or two. Next time, I think I'll pretend to talk into an earpiece for theatrical effect.

Now I'm happily ensconced back in Geronimo, Oklahoma, working from my little home office and basking in the fact that the Captain is no longer in a different time zone. What could be better? (Well, aside from world peace, a lottery win, a successful novel-writing career, and a lifetime supply of enchiladas, that is. If anyone can provide any of the above, you just let me know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment