Boy + Girl + Army + e-Harmony = Captain and Mrs. Butters! This is what we're up to. Observations, opinions, events, images, and more.

Friday, July 23, 2010

You know you're on a military installation when...

...you see a sign like this.

Where I come from, we have tractor crossing signs instead.


One of Fort Sill's notable residents (in one sense of the word, anyway) is the famous Apache leader, Geronimo. Spike and I drove by his grave last weekend to pay our respects.

We left a few coins on the ledge below the eagle. As you can see, others have brought flowers and even a butterfly.

I was a bit surprised to find that Geronimo is actually buried in a Native American cemetery--for some reason I thought his grave would be alone. Spike and I walked around for a bit looking at the tombstones.

Evalina Eyelash--quite a distinctive name.
And here is a shot of the Captain and myself.
In other news, Spike's parents are coming to visit this weekend--they arrive later today. I have to start compiling a list of Lawton, Oklahoma must-sees!

No comments:

Post a Comment