Boy + Girl + Army + e-Harmony = Captain and Mrs. Butters! This is what we're up to. Observations, opinions, events, images, and more.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

7 Things About Me

Do you ever compose blog posts in your head? I do. I'll be getting dressed, in the grocery store, walking the dog, etc., and I'll have a great idea for a blog post, which I then proceed to map out in my head. Problem is, I never actually get around to typing it up.

So now I'm playing catch up.

An embarrassingly long while ago, I was honored to get a blog award from Julie over at When Your Feet Don't Touch the Ground: the Versatile Blogger Award! (I think "versatile" sounds much better than "bewilderingly random." I like it!)



I have to share 7 things about myself....

  1. My favorite herb to smell is basil. Cilantro might be my favorite one to taste, but that's a tough decision.
  2. Even if I allowed my hair to be its natural color, my eyebrows would still be several shades darker.
  3. I have bad vision and am, in fact, legally blind without corrective lenses. When I take my contacts out, in order to focus on the words in a book I have to hold it so close to my face that my nose gets in the way.
  4. History is one of my favorite things in the world, but I don't believe you could pay me any amount of money to actually live in the past. I'd say no to a time machine.
  5. I played piano for about 14 years, from age 3 to 17. It just didn't strike a chord with me (pun intended) so I quit. Now, wouldn't you know, I really want to learn to play the violin. Specifically, I want to be able to fiddle.
  6. I regularly use outdated words and phrases like "methinks" and "perchance" in conversation. Along those lines, my all-time-favorite swear (I don't use it much and prefer to save it for special occasions) is "son of a one-legged, cross-eyed, syphilitic whore." I can't take credit, alas...it originated with my brilliant fellow medievalist Amber.
  7. As of last week, I have violet/magenta streaks in my hair. My amazingly talented across-the-street neighbor put them in.



I will pass this award on to:
Lisa at Must Be Doin' Somethin' Right
Poekitten at Many Waters
The Unlikely Wife at The Unlikely Wife Adventures

And now, to whet your appetite for an upcoming post (I promise this will make it from my head to the Internet), a little teaser: The next big trend is poopting.

4 comments:

  1. I always think, "I show my thumb to you" when I'm mad at someone. There is a Shakespeare insult generator somewhere on the 'net.

    And I love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too compose blog posts in my head. If I could somehow think them into my blog I would be set. Sadly most of them never make it:( I LOVE, LOVE basil and cilantro too. It took me awhile to like cilantro (I thought it tasted like soap) it grew on me and now I love it. Also...thanks for the award:)

    ReplyDelete