Boy + Girl + Army + e-Harmony = Captain and Mrs. Butters! This is what we're up to. Observations, opinions, events, images, and more.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

We have a new da Vinci among us.

Spike finished his in-processing last week, so for the past few days he has been learning the ropes at his new office. He deviated from the military tasks for a bit today, though. This is what he did during a break:

Yes, I got an email from him this afternoon with this attachment. The filename is "Artist Rendition of My New Truck." As you may have guessed, the Captain just got a new truck. Last night, actually. After months of meticulous research and option-weighing. He's pretty excited. Here's a picture of the actual truck he took this morning:


The resemblance to Spike's Paint picture is striking, right down to the tailpipe. I have to say, when I opened that email I lost it. Completely cracked up. I'm sure I sounded like Jane Eyre's madwoman in the attic with my hysterical cackles bouncing off the as-yet-undecorated walls. Let me tell you, folks, people will be bidding millions of dollars for my husband's artwork several years from now. Obviously.

On an unrelated note, today was Spike's Friday. I'm just a teeny weeny bit jealous.

1 comment: